Thursday, January 5, 2012

Food for Thought....January 2012

In my Bible study time this morning I was impressed to share this thought with you all.....
 
Don't you ever tire of conflicts and confusion in your relationships?  If we could come to a resolve in our own hearts to reduce the clutter that this issue creates in our mind this year, wouldn't that bring some peace and clarity to our thought life?????  James 4 summarizes this conflict and gives the ultimate solution.  I want to make it my aim to let go of the battle within me to want something so badly that I would cause fights and quarrels to get it.  I desire pure motives when I go to God and ask for something, not that I may use it to fulfill my own pleasures.  Many Christians have set aside a time of fasting (giving up some things of pleasure to seek God more fully) at the start of this new year.  May we learn to submit ourselves to God.  May we adamantly resist the devil.  May we draw near to God.  May we humble ourselves before the Lord.  THEN....HE PROMISES TO LIFT US UP AND GIVE US GRACE!
...........................Choose to live a life in 2012 with less clutter of conflict---Free to be used of God.............................................
 
Scripture reference:
James 4:1-10   "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?  You want something but don't get it....When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures....God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble....Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and He will come near to you.....Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up".
 
On a Journey with God and you,
Becky

No comments: